Friday, April 13, 2007

"You're my man, my partner"

The next piece of evidence is a tape from inside the Senate office in Nashville Tennessee. The camera is attached to something FBI agent McNeil is wearing so it's sometimes hard to hear what's doing on and the angle is a little skewed. Most of the time we see the roof of the office or John Ford's hands --thankfully, he's a hand-talker or we'd never see him.

"Tell me what you think about this, John. In regards to our legislation do you think it would be proper and cool for you to sit on it for a couple of weeks and let it go to the house first?" asks McNeil.

John says yes, but not for the reasons that McNeil is thinking. He goes onto explain the reasons as to why this will help their cause. According to McNeil the real reason they wanted to have Ford sit on it was because it was moving along a little too quick. Ford had also at this time convinced Crutchfield to co-sponsor the legislation.

Throughout these tapes you can see the relationship of the two men develop. The first videos that took place at the beginning of the sting were all business related. Ford was all "business" and talking about what he could do and how good he could do it. Now the relationship is more casual. They talk about hot women, weekend plans and other personal topics --as if they are friends. And McNeil plays up this relationship.

"You're my man, my partner. I keep you with me all the time," says McNeil. "You're my friend. I will look out for you if I need to."

He then counts out more money to give John Ford.