Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ford likes the the boat

The jury got the chance to listen to this first transcript. This one took place on October 12, 2004 in Memphis.

Charles Love and Caroll ran into Ford by accident in parking lot. Ford was out making notes on car tags and they joke a little about how it looks like he's writing traffic tickets. Based on the conversation, this was after the Miami yacht trip and Ford had already drafted the legistlation.

"We're talking to some people about our legistlation," says Caroll to Ford.

They continued talking about unrelated topics and then Ford got on the topic of the boat.

"I told them I was on a 10 million dollar yacht. I didn't mention any names," says Ford. "You own that boat?"

Ford later on talked about his success at passing bills.

"I passed all sixty," says Ford, meaning bills.

"I told you he liked that boat," says Charles Love to Caroll at the end of the conversation.