Friday, April 27, 2007

Jury back at work

How should I put this. I'd be lying to you folks if I told you this was exciting.

We're sitting in a hallway watching people get off an elevator. We look at them, they look at us.

Then they get back on the elevator to go downstairs, and we wait for the next group.

I can't imagine what it must be like for both parties involved to wait for the verdict.

The jury has been at work now for about 12 hours over three days.

There is a lot on the line here.

If John Ford is convicted on all five counts, he could face up to 60 years in prison, and more than a million dollars in fines.

The government has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Operation Tennessee Waltz.

Ford was arrested back on May 25, 2005.

Here we are almost two years later, and his future rests in the hands of the jury.

I'll keep you updated.